by Callie Walker
What a year — a year truly unlike any other. While we abandoned many of our normalities, one activity we encourage everyone to hold onto and follow through with is the classic year-end review. Despite the major challenges of 2020, what were your organization’s big wins? What lessons did you learn, and what were your biggest breakthroughs?
Reflecting on 2020 will set you up for success in 2021.
Sit down with your team and discuss a few (or all) of the following questions:
- What did our organization do well this year?
a. What were our biggest wins?
- Of the goals we laid out at the beginning of the year, which ones did we achieve, or better yet, exceed?
- What positive feedback did we receive from our members, partners, sponsors, etc. this year?
- What was our proudest moment of 2020?
- What did our organization do not so well this year?
- If we could go back and do one thing differently, what would it be?
- Of the goals we laid out at the beginning of the year, which ones did we not achieve?
a. What caused us to fall short? Were they reasonable goals to begin with?
- What lessons did we learn in 2020?
- What negative feedback did we receive from our members, partners, sponsors, etc. this year?
- What would success for our organization in 2021 look like?
- What challenges do we anticipate in 2021?
- What would help us perform better as a team in the new year?
- What changes should we make in 2021?
To better position your organization for success in 2021, make sure you have all the tools you need — to enhance staff efficiency, drive revenue, grow your membership, and more.